- Name: Jenny Wolever
- School: Queen’s University / University of Toronto
- Sport (years): Soccer (5)
- Program: Kinesiology / Physical Therapy
- Hometown: Toronto
1. What are your thoughts on representing Team Canada at a major international event, and most specifically at the 2019 FISU Summer Universiade?
I’m extremely excited to be representing Team Canada at the FISU Summer Universaide and to play against such high caliber players from across the world. The chance to represent Canada is a surreal feeling and I’m so grateful for this incredible opportunity.
2. Is this the first time you have been selected to represent Canada on the international stage or at the Universiade? Current track record (national and/or international)?
Yes, this is the first time I have been selected to represent Canada.
3. What are you most looking forward to in Naples, Italy outside of the competition?
I’m super excited for the food, specifically the pizza, in Naples. I’m also hoping we will get to do some sight-seeing in and around the area and I’m generally excited to spend time with my teammates and soak in this opportunity.
4. What are your personal and/or team goals for this Universiade?
As a team, our goals are to stay true to our values and game plan and represent Canada well. Individually, I hope to be able to play my best and help my teammates out as much as possible.
5. What are you listening to right now / what is your pump-up music?
I don’t have specific favourite pump-up songs, but I generally like most up-beat, happy music to get me ready for a game.
6. Current favorite TV show?
7. What message would you like to share with Team Canada followers / the U SPORTS community?
I think it’s important for Team Canada followers and the U SPORTS community to know how much their support matters and means to all the athletes competing. All of the Canadian athletes at the Universaide are going to give everything they can to try to make Canada proud, and so support from others is so important and valued.