Only the following may participate as a competitor in the World University Games:
- a) Students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a degree or diploma at the university or similar institute whose status is recognized by the appropriate national academic authority of their country;
- b) Former student of the institution mentioned in a) who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the year preceding the event.
All competitors must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a national of the country they represent (with exception of Figure Skating)
- Be at least 18 and no older than 25 years of age on December 31st of the year of the event (WUG2023: participants must be born between January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2005.
- Athletes participating in FISU Sport Events must represent the same country as in events of their respective International Federation events. Changes of sport nationality must follow respective IF rules
- No athlete or official under a current suspension from FISU, IF or the National Federation of his/her country may take part in the Winter World University Games.
FISU ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY FORM