Celebrating their 28th edition, the Lieutenant Governor Athletic Awards Presented by Makadiff SPORTS – formerly known as the BLG and Howard Mackie Awards – honour the U SPORTS Athletes of the Year and are championed once again by His Honour Doug Mitchell and Her Honour, the Honourable Lois Mitchell, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta.
Leading up to the June 25 announcement, U SPORTS sits down with alumni of the prestigious event to find out the keys to their success both on and off the field, the importance of the awards in their student-athlete experience and why Canadian university athletics was the best choice for them.
In this week’s interview, two-time nominee Paloma Anderson shares how her unique experience as an American competing in Canadian university athletics for the Acadia Axewomen revitalized her basketball career.
- Player of the Year – 2018
- First Team All-Canadian – 2016, 2017, 2018
- Conference Champion, Tournament MVP & All-Star – 2018
- Player of the Year – 2016, 2018
- First Team All-Star – 2016, 2017, 2018
- Athlete of the Year / Lieutenant Governor Athletic Award nominee – 2016, 2018