Male Athlete of the Month: Jadon Cohee, UBC
Cohee, a fifth-year guard from Langley, B.C., played a key role in propelling the T-Birds to their first Canada West conference title since 2013 and 10th in program history.
The unclassified major averaged 22.8 points per game over a pair of regular season and three playoff contests, capped off by a monstrous performance with 24 points and five assists while playing in all 40 minutes the CW final. Cohee finished the CW playoffs with the second most points (63) and second most three-pointers (8) while logging more minutes than any other player.
UBC went on to capture the bronze medal at the U SPORTS Final 8 Basketball Championships in Ottawa, defeating the Western Mustangs in the-third place game.
- CW: Jadon Cohee, Basketball, UBC (Winner)
- OUA: Ali Sow, Basketball, Laurier
- RSEQ: Ambroise Petit, Swimming, Laval
- AUS: Logan Flodell, Hockey, Acadia
Female Athlete of the Month: Kirsten Chamberlin, Alberta
Kirsten Chamberlin was nearly unbeatable in five February games.
A fourth-year goaltender from Cochrane, Alta., Chamberlin stopped 92 of the 93 combined shots she faced, to propel the Pandas to their 14th conference title. Over four playoff games, Chamberlin turned aside 78 shots in sweeps over UBC and Mount Royal, registering a 0.17 goals-against average and four shutouts.
The science major’s efforts helped Alberta qualify for the U SPORTS Championship, which was ultimately cancelled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- CW: Kirsten Chamberlin, Hockey, Alberta (Winner)
- OUA: Hannah Genich, Swimming, Toronto
- RSEQ: Khaléann Caron-Gaudreau, Basketball, Laval
- AUS: Isabel Sarty, Swimming, Dalhousie
- Player bios courtesy U SPORTS member conferences