TORONTO – U SPORTS announced the seedings and bracket for the 2022 U SPORTS Women’s Soccer Championship presented by Ocean Group, to be hosted by Laval University. The tournament gets underway on Thursday, Nov. 10 and concludes the following Sunday, Nov. 13.
The eight participating teams, listed in order of seedings, are as follows:
- #1, UBC Thunderbirds, Canada West champions (13-1-0 regular season, 3-0 playoffs)
- #2, Montréal Carabins, RSEQ champions (12-2-0, 2-0)
- #3, Ottawa Gee-Gees, OUA champions (9-1-2, 2-0-1)
- #4, Cape Breton Capers, AUS champions (10-2-0, 2-0)
- #5, York Lions, OUA finalists (7-2-3, 1-1-1)
- #6, Trinity Western Spartans, CW finalists (9-2-3, 2-1)
- #7, Calgary Dinos, CW bronze medallists (9-3-2, 2-1)
- #8, Laval Rouge et Or, Hosts (10-1-3, 1-1)
In women’s soccer, the four conference champions are seeded in positions one through four, based on their conference’s finish at last year’s national championship. The remaining four teams are directly slotted into the bracket based on their finish in their respective conference playoffs.
All four quarterfinals will be played on Thursday, November 10. The Day 1 schedule is as follows, with all games playing played at Telus stadium on the Laval University campus (all times Eastern):
- 11 a.m. #7 Calgary vs. #2 Montreal
- 1:30 p.m. #6 Trinity Western vs. #3 Ottawa
- 4 p.m. #5 York vs. #4 Cape Breton
- 6:30 p.m. #1 UBC at #8 Laval
Game Day 2 is set for Friday, November 11, and will see consolation games at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., with championship semifinals to follow at 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., all at Telus stadium.
The lone game on Saturday, November 12, will be the 5th place game, set for 11 a.m. on PEPS Field 6. The final day is Sunday, November 13, and will feature the bronze-medal game at 11:30 a.m. and the championship at 2 p.m., both at Telus stadium.
Tickets for the event are currently on sale at reservatech.net.
All 11 games of the championship will be streamed on CBC Gem (English) and USPORTS.ca (French).