Notre équipe n'a pas encore traduit cet article en Français.
Voir l'article original en Anglais.
U SPORTS sits down with the athletes set to don the maple leaf at the World University Games in Krasnoyarsk, Russia in our interview series “Getting to know…”
1. What are your thoughts on representing Team Canada at a major international event, and most specifically at the 2019 FISU Winter Universiade?
It’s going to be amazing. Hopefully after the race, they will let me on stage to represent Canada’s rapping skills.
2. Is this the first time you have been selected to represent Canada on the international stage or at the Universiade? Current track record (national and/or international)?
This is my 10th international competition. It will be my first time at Universiade. My best race was eighth place at the Junior World Championships.
3. What are you most looking forward to in Krasnoyarsk, Russia outside of the competition?
My roommate is Russian, and his mom makes the best food. I’m really looking forward to that authentic Russian cuisine.
4. What are your personal and/or team goals for this Universiade?
Personal goal: An instagram post on the podium.
Team goal: Be there to watch any other Canadians in their respective disciplines.
5. Do you have a nickname in your sport?
Jockstrap-Billy. It became so famous announcers even referred to me on the hill by this name.
6. What are you listening to right now / what is your pump-up music?
Always has and always will be Eminem.
7. Current favorite TV show?
I don’t watch TV, I only shred.
8. What message would you like to share with Team Canada followers / the U SPORTS community?
You can call in sick for work, but you can’t call in sick for the boys. Let’s go Team Canada!