How U SPORTS is monitoring COVID-19
The health and safety of all Student-Athletes, Coaches, Officials, Delegates and Host Committee members are our top priority at our U SPORTS National Championships.
As of March 16th, the Government of Canada’s risk assessment continues to be low for domestic travel, however U SPORTS has implemented a 3-week moratorium for in-person recruits.
We are working with our Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Dr. Taryn Taylor as well as other CMOs and Medical Teams at all our U SPORTS National Championships regarding sanitary precautions and risk assessment of each of our championships as well as providing on-going communications updates to the U SPORTS membership – Athletic Directors & Coaches, conference offices, officials, delegates and Host Committees.
U SPORTS is in regular contact with all Host Committees, National Championship Participating Teams, Technical Delegates and Officials as it pertains to monitoring COVID-19
U SPORTS and its medical teams are monitoring the risks via Public Health Agency of Canada, Airline Websites and Local Government websites.
U SPORTS updates for travel and participation at U SPORTS events, including National Championships from Wednesday March 11th – Sunday March 15th, 2020
Sport Canada COVID-19 Advisories
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Centres for Disease Control & Prevention
- Travel Advisories: Government of Canada
- Provincial Public Health Services: Nova Scotia
- Provincial Public Health Services: Prince Edward Island
- Provincial Public Health Services: Alberta
- Provincial Public Health Services: Manitoba
- Travel Advisories: Air Canada
- Travel Advisories: West Jet
- Travel Advisories: Porter Airlines