- Name: Ingrid Wilm
- School: University of British Columbia
- Sport (years): Swimming, 14 years
- Program: BA
- Hometown: Before Vancouver I last lived in Calgary, but I was born in England
1. What are your thoughts on representing Team Canada at a major international event, and most specifically at the 2019 FISU Summer Universiade?
It’s always an honor to compete for team Canada and to do the upmost to showcaseCanada and bring pride to our nation and the fact that we get to do so in the samecountry we’re the FISU Universiade all began is truly amazing.
2. Is this the first time you have been selected to represent Canada on the international stage or at the Universiade? Current track record (national and/or international)?
I have been lucky enough to represent Canada internationally a few times in the past, most recently at the 2018 SC World Championships in Hangzhou, China.
3. What are you most looking forward to in Naples, Italy outside of the competition?
The beautiful architecture and, of course, amazing food that Italy is known for.
4. What are your personal and/or team goals for this Universiade?
For me personally, new best times but I know going in to this our team, as a whole, has the collective goals in mind to achieve life time bests, support each other, represent the maple leaf and last but not least, remember to have fun because this is a great experience.
5. Do you have a nickname in your sport?
I have many, many nicknames such as Ingy or anything tree related, but none that overly many call me in relation to sport.
6. What are you listening to right now / what is your pump-up music?
I have a very broad music taste but my pump-up music is definitely rock.
7. Current favorite TV show?
Brooklyn 99, Archer, & Good Omens.
8. What message would you like to share with Team Canada followers / the U SPORTS community?
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement. Every single member that supports us in the sport community really helps uplift and motivate us to do our best :).